Lake Charles, LA
Lake Charles Care Center, a 176-bed skilled nursing facility, is seeking a full-time Registered Dietitian / Certified Dietary Manager (CDM). The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced environment and oversee the food service operations of the facility. Experience in long term care or inpatient setting preferred.
Applicants must be certified as a dietary manager or registered dietitian, or able to obtain certification in a one-year period after hire.
Dietary Manager Job Responsibilities
- Implement dietary and food service policies and procedures to meet residents’ needs and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements
- Manage a team of dietary staff
- Understands the dietary needs of older adults and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team in the care planning process
- Supervise preparation of menus to meet residents’ dietary needs
- Work with facility team to assess residents’ dietary needs and develop appropriate dietary plans in compliance with physicians’ orders
- Maintain food and labor costs within the dietary budget
- Purchase/requisition food and supplies
- Supervise the entire operation of the dietary department
Dietary Job Requirements
- Experience in health care food service, preferably in long term care
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets and sanitation regulations.
- Certification as a Dietary Manager or Registered Dietitian completed, or possess the ability to complete within a 12-month period after hire.
- Knowledge of Long Term Care Federal and State regulations and survey procedures a plus
Competitive Salary and Benefit Package. Please forward resume.