Abbeville, LA 70510
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Maison du Monde Living Center, a 128-bed skilled nursing facility, is seeking experienced Certified Nursing Assistants with a passion for working with seniors in our memory care unit. Experience in long-term care and dementia-related disorders preferred.
Full-time positions available for 2p – 10p shift
- Provide compassionate care and assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other ADLs as needed to residents with dementia
- Promote the residents’ highest levels of functioning encouraging independence focusing on remaining abilities
- Observe residents for physical, cognitive, behavioral, and social changes and report to supervisors immediately
- Supervises and participates in activities for residents on a regularly scheduled basis
- Escorts residents both within the building and outside as needed
- Assists with meal preparation, feeding and clean up as needed
- Provide health care services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff, that assist the resident in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant course that meets federal/state requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with the geriatric population
- Have an understanding of the stages of dementia and the unique needs of those dementia-related disorders and care required for each stage
- Complete state mandated training for care of those with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related disorders
- Able to follow oral and written instructions
- Work as a team member responsibly and independently
- Document/Record observations and activities
- Possess good communication skills
- Able to assess data reflecting the resident’s status and interpret the appropriate information
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers
Competitive Salary and Benefit Package. Qualified candidates, please forward a resume.