Baton Rouge, LA
Want to make a real difference in the lives of senior adults?
The Woodleigh, located in the heart of Baton Rouge and just minutes from Denham Springs, is seeking a full-time CNA / Whirlpool Aide to join our shower team. Our company provides a unique professional opportunity in a comfortable environment to those looking for career development.
- Full-time (6a -2p)
- 4 days on and 2 days off
The ideal candidate will demonstrate care of the elderly, dependability, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide direct care to our residents, while promoting their highest levels of functioning.
- Assist patients with baths, showers, and personal grooming
- Adhere to the facility’s infection control policies
- Reports any change observed in condition or behavior of patients and any unusual incidents
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including dressing, grooming and toileting.
- Lift and transfer residents
- Create a calming atmosphere in the shower/bath experience
- Provide health care services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff, that assist the resident in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Work as a team member responsibly and independently.
- Document/Record observations and activities.
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards residents
- Possess good communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with the geriatric population.
- Able to assess data reflecting the resident’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each resident’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to work in heated environment
Competitive hourly wage and benefits for full-time employees. Qualified candidates please submit a resume.