Maison du Monde Living Center, a 128-bed skilled nursing facility, is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) for the position of RN Charge Nurse. Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
RN CHARGE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities.
- Develop, maintain, the daily functions of the nursing service department.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Monitor the staffing needs.
- Develop work assignments and schedule duty hours.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department personnel.
- Develop and implement a written plan of care for each resident.
- Schedule, attend, and participate in nursing service meetings.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
RN CHARGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Louisiana.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a residents’ condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
RN CHARGE EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Charge nurse experience a plus.
Competitive Salary and Benefit Package. Please email a cover letter and resume, Subject: Charge RN